Sometimes I have these moments, flashbacks, brief seconds of fleeting images of my past-failures, humiliations, heartbreaks. These photographs in my mind that are sometimes happy memories, other times nightmares. smiling faces, feeling on top of the world third quarter of senior year....loving him so much it that sometimes it felt like it would literally swallow up my heart later, that pain, which I thought nothing could ever overcome. I feel guilty usually, when I remember how much I loved him, how much i used to miss him, how protective I still get sometimes thinking any one could ever love him the way I did.
Then Eric's face flashes behind my eyes. And everything-every pain, every nightmare, every chain that used to hold my heart, breaks. Fades. Vanishes. and I feel full. Finally. Full of love, and hope, and security, and Joy. I only had a taste of love back then. Being with Eric lights up my heart. His smile still brings butterflies to my stomach and I know he will do everything in his power to keep bad things from ever happening to me. And I never have to wonder if he loves me. Thats one of the greatest things of all. Even when he's grumpy from work, or when I'm annoying him, or when he's miles and states away..I know, to the bottom of my soul, that he loves me. It's the best feeling in the whole world.
Updates on the Casa del Valencia/Mallory:
-We officially get all of our stuff on Monday!
-The cockroach guy is officially coming to spray at 10am tomorrow morning (Eric may have yelled at him a little bit...)
Updates on Tripp:
-Tripp is definitely a momma's boy, he cuddles up to me (on my chest, next to my head on the pillow, or cradled in my arms) when Eric leaves every morning
-He has his big boy meow, but prefers his pathetic, adorable baby mew because he knows I'm a sucker for it..
-He's a pig. He eats ALL day, and I don't know how he isn't 100 pounds by now...I probably have another Eric Valencia, aka-I can eat all the fat in the world and not gain an once...great.
Updates on Us:
-I love him with my whole heart.
-He leaves every morning by 5:30, and hasn't gotten home before 7:30 once this week. and today he had to work at 1am, then didn't get home until 3. crappy as heck. i miss him every day!
-I need a job. sigh.
xoxo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment