2.06.2010

Glitter in the air

Sometimes growing up isn't so fun.

Eric was in the hospital all day yesterday. and I didn't even find out until about 6:30 pm that night. He passed out due to dehydration and exhaustion, which led to his blood sugar dropping EXTREMELY low, and also to them finding irregular blood work-making them think he had a mild heart attack. He goes back in on monday for more blood work, so we'll see what's really going on. So, last night found me constantly listening to his breathing, checking his hands for color (to make sure his circulation is normal), trying to feed him fresh fruit and water every couple hours, and basically being on edge hoping every minute that I wouldn't have to end up calling the emts. Needless to say, I spent a good amount of time with tears running down my face when he was asleep, hoping with everything in me that he was really going to be just fine.
Which leads me to today-my boyfriend is not the best patient. We've had some pretty heated arguments over him drinking water/eating fruits and salts...aka-me (at first) pouring him a glass of water to me (then) asking him to drink water , to me TELLING him to drink the damn water, which then led him to getting angry with me for telling him what to do. To sum it up-I spent an hour or two in a separate room/reading as to cool down and just finally let him take care of his own dang stubborn self. Annoying, it has been. It made me realize that I have more of my Dad in me than I thought.--I don't handle worry well... instead of me being overly affectionate and nurse-like...I just get plain grumpy because I'm on edge with worry. :( It hasn't been the best weekend so far. But tonight was better. He's asleep cuddled on the couch with me. I love him too much to even be able to imagine life with out him in it.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about school. I never thought I'd miss it, but I really kind of do. I miss learning...I just do not miss profs who treat their students like children-with attendance rules and bla bla bla. I want to learn-but shouldn't it be on my time? not a prof's, who gets paid no matter? SO. I've been getting a lot of information about online schools/programs. Tonight, I finally found something that I may have a passion for... interior design anyone? I've always loved rearranging my room and everything, but I thought it was too "artsy" and creative for me...but I'm waiting for some pamphlets and information to be sent to me, and I guess I'll go from there! They have programs especially centered around bathrooms and kitchens...BOMB. This is the first time in a while that I've been excited about something, so I'm interested to see how it pans out! hmm.

computers dying.

x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment